Differential Rates

Notice of Intention to impose Differential Rates

In accordance with section 6.36 of the Local Government Act 1995, notice is hereby given to the ratepayers of the intention of the Shire of Ravensthorpe to levy the following differential rates for each rating category for the 2018/19 financial year.

 Rate Categories 2018/19

Rate in the $


Gross Rental Valuation

GRV - Residential



GRV - Commercial



GRV - Industrial



GRV – Transient Workforce Accommodation/ Short Stay Accommodation



Unimproved Valuation

UV – Mining



Unimproved Valuation



The Statement of Objects of, and reasons for the above rates was adopted for advertising at Ordinary Meeting of Council on April 19, 2018. These are available for inspection at:

  • The Shire of Ravensthorpe Administration Office - 65 Morgans Street, Ravensthorpe between 9am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
  • The Shire of Ravensthorpe Hopetoun Office - Hopetoun Community Centre, Veal Street Hopetoun between 9am and 2pm Monday to Thursday.
  • Alternatively click link : Statement of Objects of, and Reason for Differential Rates 2018/19

All submissions in writing with reference to the proposed differential rates should be forwarded to the Shire of Ravensthorpe, PO Box 43, Ravensthorpe WA 6346. Alternatively submissions can be emailed to shire@ravensthorpe.wa.gov.au by 4pm on Wednesday 30th May, 2018.

Should you require any further information regarding the above please Council’s Rates Officer on 08 9839 0000 or email shire@ravensthorpe.wa.gov.au.


Ian Fitzgerald

Chief Executive Officer

3rd May 2018


You can pay your Rates to the Shire by;

  • Phone: (08) 9839 0000 for a credit card payment
  • Mail: Cheque or money order posted to PO Box 43, Ravensthorpe WA 6346
  • BPay: using the BPay code listed on your Rates Notice
  • In person: Shire Administration Office during business hours (Monday to Friday 9:00am-4:30pm)

Please be sure to include your property reference number when making a payment. Without this, we may not be able to allocate your payment correctly.

Frequently Asked Questions

Rates are an important source of revenue for your Shire. Below are the answers to some frequently asked questions:

How are my rates calculated?

The calculation of rates is a combination of the rate in the dollar (set by Council) and the valuation of your property (reviewed and set by Landgate).

Can I appeal my valuation?

Yes, valuations can be appealed by applying in writing to Landgate.

How is the rate in the dollar arrived at?

The rate in the dollar is set by Council. This is reviewed on an annual basis during the budgeting process.

Pensioner Concessions

What Type of Cards Are There?

  • Senior Card

  • Age Card

  • Pensioner Card

How Do I Apply for a Card?

Eligibility is determined by applying to Centre Link.

How does it apply to my rates?

Once you have received your card you may be entitled to a rebate on your rates. If you are connected to a town water supply, please ring Water Corporation 1300 659 951. Water Corp will then contact us and we can load your details onto our data base.

If you are not connected to town water, please contact the Shire Administration Office. You will need to complete an application and we will need to take a copy of your card.

Change your Address 

The link for Change of Address The completed form can be dropped off at any of our offices in Hopetoun or Ravensthorpe, faxed to 9838 1282 or emailed to rates@ravensthorpe.wa.gov.au