Bushfire Recovery

Recovering from bushfire is a lengthy process and it takes an entire community to come together to support those who have been impacted.  This page is a hub for resources and information for the Shire of Ravensthorpe community.

Under the Western Australian emergency management arrangements, the Department of Communities is responsible for coordinating the provision of welfare support services to people affected by an emergency or disaster.

If you are in need of any kind of assistance please call the Disaster Response Hotline on 1800 032 965 

Bushfire Recovery Info: What now?

Department of Fire and Emergency Services has many helpful resources available for returning home after a bushfire.

The links below can assist you in finding out where to from here.

For rural and agricultural properties, Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development has resources available:

Receiving Donations

If you have been affected please reach out to:

Shire of Ravensthorpe on (08) 9839 0000

Hopetoun CRC on (08) 9838 3062

Hopetoun CWA contact Wendy Zani on 0427 674 458 or Trix Boyd on (08) 9838 3378

Making Donations

At this time all community members who have been affected by the fire have temporary accommodation.  

Cash donations can be made in person at the Hopetoun CRC or by Bank Transfer to:
Name:  Hopetoun CRC
BSB:  036150
Acc:  237585
If you require a tax-deductible receipt, please contact Hopetoun CRC on (08) 9838 3062 or by email as hopetoun@crc.net.au prior to making your donation.

Clothing Donations can be made to Hopetoun CWA.  Please contact Wendy Zani on 0427 674 458 or Trix Boyd on (08) 9838 3378.

At this time we are not collecting larger items as it will take many months for those affected to rebuild and we do not have storage facilities available to hold these items.

Thank you to everyone who has come out to help.

Dealing with Trauma

Dealing with the trauma of a bushfire can be upsetting not only those directly affected by the fire but also those in the community.  Please do not hesitate to make contact with the listed providers.

  • Department of Communities – Crisis Careafter hours child protection, telephone information and support to people in crisis.
    Website: dcp@wa.gov.au
    Phone: 1800 199 008
  • Rural LinkSpecialist after hours mental health telephone service for people in rural communities.
    Website: www.mhc.wa.gov.au
    Phone: 1800 552 002Phone: 9921 4477
  • Samaritans Telephone counselling
    Web: thesamaritans.org.au 
    Phone: 135 247
  • Beyond Blue - Anyone feeling anxious or depressed.
    Phone: 1300 224 636
    Website:  beyondblue.org.au
  • Lifeline - Anyone experiencing a personal crisis.
    Phone:  13 11 14
    Website:  www.lifeline.org.au
  • MensLine Australia - Men with emotional concerns.
    Phone:  1300 789 978
  • Mental Health Emergency Response Line (MHERL) - Mental health emergencies.
    Phone:  1300 555 788
  • Open Arms - Veterans and families counselling.
    Phone: 1800 011 046
    Website:  openarms.gov.au
  • Suicide Call Back Service - Anyone with concerns involving suicide
    Website:  suicidecallbackservice.org.au
    Phone:    1300 659 467
  • National Debt Helpline - Anyone with concerns involving financial debt
    Phone:   1800 007 007
  • Consumer Credit Legal Service
    Provision of legal advice concerning credit, banking and finance.
    Phone:    (08) 9221 7066

Utility and Service Providers

  • Horizon:   1800 267 929
  • Telstra:  1800 888 888
  • Water Corporation:  13 13 75
  • Main Roads:  13 81 38
  • SES:  13 25 00
  • Insurance Council:  1800 734 621
  • Fire or threat to life/safety:  000
  • WA Police Force:  131 444
  • Crisis Care:  1800 199 008

 BlazeAid – Assistance to rebuild fences

A volunteer-based organisation which assists eligible disaster affected people to clear, repair or replace fences lost on their property as a result of natural disasters such as bushfires, floods or cyclones.
BlazeAid | FarmHub – 0418 990 267

Water Corporation Relief Package

A range of assistance can be applied for by those impacted by TC Seroja from https://www.agric.wa.gov.au/emergency-response/disaster-recovery-funding-arrangements or by calling 13 13 85.

Animal Welfare


Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development is available to assist those impacted by bushfire with any livestock related concerns or issues.


Health concerns for domestic pets should be directed to your local vet.

Concerns for lost pets can be directed to Shire of Ravensthorpe rangers on (08) 9839 0000.


Concerns and queries about injured wildlife should be directed to the DBCA Wildcare Helpline on (08) 9474 9055.

Rainwater Contamination

Resources are available from Healthy WA and DFES for residents in or around the bushfire area who may have concerns about their water.

Healthy WA - Rainwater tanks after a bushfire(External link)

DFES - Use of retardant and A-Class foams during bushfire operations

Department of Health

There will be hazards that you may come across in and around your property and the local community following a bushfire.

The Department of Health link below provides you with information of what to look out for.