Extraordinary Postal Election

An Extraordinary Postal Election will be held on Friday 12 July 2024 to fill the vacancy following Rachel Livingston's resignation.

Nominations are now open and close on Wednesday 29 May. More info: https://www.elections.wa.gov.au/

Ordinary Elections

Under the Local Government Act 1995 (Act), Ordinary Local Government Elections are held every two years on the third Saturday in October. Council members are elected for a term of up to 4 years.

The most recent Ordinary Election was held on Saturday 21 October 2023 to fill four Council vacancies on four year terms.

Read about the results here.  After the election results were declared, one of the successful candidates for councillor, Karen Sinclair, resigned. This caused a reshuffle. Read more about that here.

Current elected members

Updating Your Enrolment

If you have moved house or changed your name, you will need to update your enrolment. This will make sure that you are correctly enrolled for Commonwealth, State and local government elections.

Once you have lived at your new address for more than one month, you are eligible to be enrolled at that address. Once you are eligible, you must update your enrolment within 21 days.

For further details, contact the West Australian Electoral Commission.

Voting in Local Government Elections

To be eligible to vote in the Council elections, you need to be a resident or a non-resident owner or occupier of rateable property in the local government district.

If you are:

  • A resident in the Shire of Ravensthorpe and
  • You are enrolled on the State Electoral Roll for your current address

You will be automatically able to vote.

If you own a property in the Shire of Ravensthorpe but live in another shire you must apply to be included on our roll. Please complete the attached form and forward it to a Shire Office.

If you occupy a property in the Shire of Ravensthorpe and are usually eligible to vote in State and Federal Elections, you can apply to be included on the local electoral roll. Please complete the attached form and forward it to a Shire office.

Enrolment form

To find out your current electoral enrolment please click here.

Electoral District

The Shire of Ravensthorpe is in the Western Australian state electoral district of Roe and the Federal electorate of O’Connor.